Monday, January 7, 2019

More Traffic

There's been a big increase in traffic to this blog since my call on the bottom in oil prices on Dec 26. As of now, that was within a few pennies of the dead-ass bottom. That was pure luck. I'm a commodity strategist, not a tactician. Nonetheless, I have been trading these markets for many decades, and I guess I've learned a little about tactics as well.
So welcome to all the new readers. I am going to try to publish posts more frequently from now on. I started this blog as a way to describe my own trades. I know from experience that if you put things down on paper and invite others to read them, you have a forced discipline. Sloppy stuff gets called on the carpet.
I'll keep doing this. But I'll also give my thoughts on markets that I may not have a position in. Of course, I will make it clear whether I am just giving my opinion or actually have dollars on the line.

So here goes...

Vanadium. Long time readers know that I had a very big position in Vanadium miners starting in Jan 2018. The Vd price went up and is now coming down. Here's a chart of vanadium pentoxide.

BTW, the chart is from a junior miner, Prophecy Development Corp., which has a claim in Nevada USA.
The key to the market going forward is how large the speculative stocks of Vd were built up. In my experience, this kind of bull market, combined with media blabbering about future Vd flow batteries, is the kind of move that leads to large buildups. So it may take awhile to work them off.
However, they will be worked off, and the long term for Vd is good. China used to be a large producer (from steel slag from domestic iron ore) and a small consumer. Now it's a small producer (they are using iron ore from Australia/Brazil that has no Vd.) and a large consumer. So at some point this will be another good trade. I just dipped my toe into Large Resources. (LGO in Toronto). LGO is a Canadian company with a Vd mine in Brazil. I believe it's the best Vd mine in the world. So I'm looking to add to that, either on declines or on signs of stability in the Vd price. Right now it's a very small position.

2 comments:

  1. New trader can find here very basic level information and knowledge. It's very helpful for every trader and get help for trading. Free Commodity Tips

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog content is always informative, Thanks for sharing Forex trading tips

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, although I can't promise to answer every question.