Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Couple of things

- I took off some of my corn this morning. The basic thesis is still intact, but I don't see this as a breakaway market yet. So I'll trade a little. Of course, I said the same thing two weeks ago, and the pullback was less than I expected, so who knows.....

- I wrote a piece for Seeking Alpha on Vanadium a few months ago. In it I recommended Largo Resources (LGO). It's gone up a lot. At this point, I think the current market for Vd is pretty fairly priced. Any further upmoves will have to come from non-traditional demand, i.e. Vd flow batteries. This is really a tech rather than a commodity story. The tech is obviously not there yet since we haven't heard of any big players going into actual Vd battery production. I'm holding most of my position and waiting. I generally do not like to be in tech, since I do not have access to the latest lab reports. But this one has so much upside optionality that I think it's worth keeping.

1 comment:

  1. In base metals counter Nickel may open in green along with zinc while rest of the metals can trade with sideways bias.
    financial advisory company

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, although I can't promise to answer every question.