Monday, May 7, 2018

Vanadium Update

In my Vanadium article on  Seeking Alpha (behind a paywall now, which is why I restarted this blog), I recommended two vanadium stocks, Largo Resources (LGO in Toronto) and Advanced Metallurgical Group (AMG in Amsterdam). They both have reported earnings and both have profited by the upmove in Vanadium prices.
 Largo reported diluted earnings of $.07 for the last quarter, up from a loss of ($.02) a year ago. Production was up, so this was not only a commodity price story. If we annualize this it comes out to $.28 per year, or a P/E of 6.2! I doubt that the V price will go much higher, but I am hopeful that the multiple will expand. I am keeping my full boat.
AMG is a more complicated company. They produce many "tech" metals, and they have a large engineering business. Their EPS was up 16% to $.59 per share. The works out to a P/E of 19.5. That's pretty much in line with what a growing company like AMG should be priced at. I also still like this name, although not quite as much. I did take some off.

1 comment:


  1. Copper rose amid concerns over the potential supply impact of wage negotiations at the world's biggest copper mine financial

    advisory company

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, although I can't promise to answer every question.